What to expect
CEC is looking for two Senior CX Consultants with 4-6 years of experience in Experience Design, Service Design, Customer Experience or Customer Strategy.
Both roles will require candidates to have a strong foundation in a consulting environment, with one role having a UX/Digital focus and the other a strategy consulting slant.
Helping organisations improve their customer experience for 17 years, The Customer Experience Company has developed a strong reputation among our clients as a market leader in customer-centric business transformation.
We have a number of exciting projects in the pipeline and as a result, we are looking for two Senior CX Consultants to join our dynamic team in our design studio overlooking Circular Quay. Want to help us change the Australian business landscape?
Once you're on our team, you will
- Lead and manage teams of up to 4 multi-disciplinary people
- Lead projects across a range of service lines (or be motivated to learn and upskill across service lines), including in customer strategy, service design, digital design, organisational change, and culture change
- Plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative research and user testing with customers to uncover insights and impactful opportunities
- Lead analysis of existing customer and operational data, and data relating to market and consumer trends
- Design and facilitate playback and co-creation workshops for clients, from frontline employees to executives
- Ideate future states and translate these into service design tools such as service blueprints that reflect customer and business requirements
- Design and deliver high-quality concepts and outputs, and prototype and test your ideas from concept through to implementation for new products, services and ecosystems
- Craft and confidently present recommendations and deliverables to senior stakeholders and engage them in your outputs
- Support our clients to define the return on investment for recommendations (organisational, employee and customer benefits)
- Understand and navigate our clients’ complex organisational structures
- Manage stakeholders and projects to ensure delivery of key milestones on time and to budget, tracking key risks and issues and mentoring junior service designers
- Contribute to sales activities, innovation and growth of the CEC practice
- Build strong client relationships, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor
- Identify and nurture opportunities within organisations throughout your projects.
What kind of expertise we're looking for
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a service design, experience design, start-up or strategy consulting environment
- Strong understanding and experience applying human-centred design methodology
- Experience applying these skills in a tech-driven environment, e.g. CRM, website design, data analytic tools etc. (highly desirable but not required)
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent from a business, design, marketing, psychology or related discipline
- Commercially minded with the ability to ground service design processes in ‘the numbers’ and an ability to easily articulate the commercial benefits of those processes to clients
- Entrepreneurial and proactive with a strong drive to go above and beyond to drive client, company and personal success
- Comfortable with ambiguous subject matter and can find a way through complicated challenges
- Demonstrates structured problem-solving skills and the ability to understand complex information, assess requirements and deliver insightful, practical solutions with a creative flair
- An ability to communicate complex ideas simply, both verbally and visually
- Experience building cohesive, energetic and high performing teams
- Deeply empathetic and cares fundamentally about putting people first
- A sense of fun, to fit in with our supportive, non-hierarchical culture.
What's in it for you?
- Experience a variety of industries, clients, working environments and teams – every project is different
- Opportunity to work across service lines and upskill in customer strategy, service design, digital design, organisational change, and culture change.
- CEC is open and collaborative. We are a workplace that asks for and values input from everyone on how to shape the business, the way we work and the work we do. We are a company with a flat structure; everybody can lead and innovate
- Training budget of $1500 per annum to contribute to your career development
- Allocated mentor and internal structure to support career progression
- Large, award-winning open-plan office (with tonnes of whiteboards) and a great view of Sydney Harbour
- 2 days to do good’ allocated to each person per annum e.g. pro-bono consulting design work
- Work/life balance; we encourage working smart rather than clocking up hours
- End of month drinks to celebrate our successes
- Team celebrations at the end of each project.
This role offers that rare mix of cutting-edge innovative work within a collaborative and supportive team environment and a reasonable balance between work and life, all against the backdrop of Sydney harbour.
If you are ready to elevate your career and work with awesome people at the leading edge of design and innovation in Australia, apply today.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health and safety of our team, and those considering a role at CEC, is our highest priority. While we continue to monitor the evolving situation here in Australia, we appreciate your understanding and flexibility throughout our hiring and interview process.