What to expect
Are you looking for a chance to unleash your creativity and innovative ideas within a collaborative environment? Are you a recent graduate who is ready to make a difference?
We’re looking for driven individuals from a visual communications, design, marketing, business, science or psychology background. The Customer Experience Company provides a unique opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to some of the most cutting-edge customer-centric transformation projects in the market.
Helping organisations improve their customer experience for 17 years, The Customer Experience Company has developed a strong reputation among our clients as a market leader in customer-centric business transformation.
This is not your run-of-the-mill graduate opportunity. In this role, your skills, enthusiasm and aptitude for thinking differently will play a vital role in project teams tackling the most innovative customer-centric business transformations around.
Once you're on our team, you will
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative customer research that will contribute to the ideation and design of better customer experiences
- Synthesize and create Service Design tools that help organisations translate customer needs and pain points into business opportunities. These can include customer journeys, personas, service blueprints, design principles etc.
- Ideate concepts for new products, services and service ecosystems
- Prototype and test your work, all the way from idea, concept, design and development (being conscious of feasibility, viability and desirability)
- Craft hard hitting, engaging and creative client deliverables and presentations
- Help our clients implement customer insights
- Analyse each client’s specific needs/requests to determine the underlying problems and create a fit for purpose approach and recommendation.
What kind of expertise we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Psychology, Business, Marketing or related discipline or at least 1 year of post-qualification experience in a Consulting or Service Design environment
- You’ve had experience building your own business, app, website or product (desirable but not required)
- Strong analytical and structured problem solving skills
- An aptitude for numbers and the ability to assist on data-driven projects
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- An open-minded approach and willingness to stay in the unknown to allow true solutions to emerge from your explorations and enquiries
- Motivated to learn and upskill across different types of projects, including customer strategy, service design, digital design, organisational change, and culture change
- An ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative, cohesive and multidisciplinary team
- A strong drive to go above and beyond to drive client, company and personal success
- Deeply empathetic and cares fundamentally about putting people first
- A sense of fun to fit in with our supportive, non-hierarchical culture
- An openness to learn and take direction while also contributing your own ideas.
What's in it for you?
- Experience a variety of industries, clients, working environments and teams – every project is different
- Opportunity to work across different projects and upskill in customer strategy, service design, digital design, organisational change, and culture change
- CEC is open and collaborative. We are a workplace that asks for and values input from everyone on how to shape the business, the way we work and the work we do. We are a company with a flat structure; everybody can lead and innovate
- Training budget of $1500 per annum to contribute to your career development
- ‘2 days to do good’ allocated to each person per annum e.g. pro-bono consulting work
- Allocated mentor and internal structure to support career progression
- Large, award-winning open-plan office (with tonnes of whiteboards) and a great view of Sydney Harbour
- Work/life balance; we encourage working smart rather than clocking up hours.
- End of month drinks to celebrate our successes
- Team celebrations at the end of each project.
This role offers that rare mix of cutting-edge innovative work within a collaborative and supportive team environment and a reasonable balance between work and life, all against the backdrop of Sydney harbour.
If you are ready to elevate your career and work with awesome people at the leading edge of design and innovation in Australia, apply today.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health and safety of our team, and those considering a role at CEC, is our highest priority. While we continue to monitor the evolving situation here in Australia, we appreciate your understanding and flexibility throughout our hiring and interview process.